The Government of India has set an ambitious target of imparting skills to 30 crores people, one out of every four Indians, by 2020 to help them secure jobs as part of the National Skills Development Policy. The instructors imparting training to the trainees in Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) plays a major role in providing skilled manpower.
The objective of the Craft Instructor Training (CITS) is to train Instructors in the techniques of transferring hands-on skills, in order to train semi-skilled / skilled manpower for industry. Structure of training programme is such that comprehensive training both in skill development and training methodology is imparted to the trainees. The skill training is dynamic in nature especially in the present context of technological changes. This demands a proper understanding of the original ideas, theories and systems that are fundamental base of a good instructor. As an instructor /trainer it is of utmost importance that the various nuances of good training practices are understood and followed in true spirit.
However there are large numbers of instructors in the training system who are working for long time, who could not undergo CITS training which can be attributed to various factors. As the instructors are imparting training since many years, it is apparent that they might have acquired some level of instructor competencies.
Hence to bring competencies of this pool of instructors at par with the defined competencies under CITS, a special course of 1(one) month duration is being introduced on Principles of Teaching (POT). This will facilitate them to recognize their prior learning.
Under the great Initiative of Director General of Training Shri. Rajesh Aggarwal, Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, National Instructional Media feels proud in rolling out this online course to you.
Principles of Teaching is a very essential subject for an Instructor to be aware of. The mastery of the Instructor lies in disseminating the skills acquired by him / her to the trainees in a easy understandable way. This course is designed in such a way to sculpt the instructor in you.
Shri. V. Dhana Sekaran
Shri. A. Vijayaraghavan
Shri. T. Muthu
Shri. A. V. Jeyaraman
• Develop ideal instructor characteristics.
• Prepare the trainees for the class using the basics of Educational Psychology.
• Motivate the trainees for the required training.
• Read and understand the competency based curriculum (NSQF format).
• Use questioning technique effectively.
• Plan and prepare the instructional material required for imparting training.
• Test and evaluate the trainees using different assessment techniques.
• Manage the training facilities and follow the concept of 5S in housekeeping.
• Plan and prepare the power point presentation and videos for the effective training using modern training aids.
• Make an effective presentation using power point and other IT tools.
• Impart effective training as per best teaching and training practices.
1.1 Overview of Vocational Scenario in India.
1.2 Roles and Responsibilities of Instructor
1.3 Essential traits of a good Instructor
1.4 Characteristics of good Instruction and common defects in Instruction
Unit II Psychology of Learning
2.1 Educational psychology and teaching
2.2 Principles of learning & teaching
2.3 Laws of learning & Theories of learning
2.4 Motivation in teaching & learning process
Unit III NSQF and Analysis of Syllabus
3.1 NSQF and implementation in vocational training.
3.2 Job roles, Learning outcomes and assessment Criteria
3.3 Analyzing the Syllabus - Break-up of syllabus and schedule of instruction with time duration
Unit III NSQF and Analysis of Syllabus
3.4 ADDIE Model of Instruction
Unit IV Planning for Instruction
4.1 Lesson Plan
4.2 Question & questioning Techniques
4.3 Skill and its basic elements
4.4 Phases of skill Learning
4.5 Demonstration Plan
Unit No. V Instructional Material
5.1 Written Instructional Material
5.2 Operation Sheet & Job Sheet
5.3 Information Sheet & Assignment Sheet
Unit VI Test and Evaluation
6.1 Different levels of learning domain according to Bloom Taxonomy and its correlation with NSQF
6.2 Test & Characteristics of a good Test
6.3 Evaluation of Theory & Practical Test Kirkpatrick evaluation model
6.4 Rules for preparation of Objective type test Items
6.5 Plan assessment activities and assess competence
6.6 Training on NSQF implementation manual
Unit VII Organization and Management of Instructional Functions
7.1 Teaching and managerial responsibilities Class room and its management
7.2 Concept of 5S and its application. Housekeeping and safety.
7.3 Leadership traits, functions and styles
Unit No.-VIII Instructional Technology
8.1 Introduction of Instructional Technology
8.2 Different types of media & its impact in teaching and learning
8.3 Classroom Communication
8.4 Different Types of teaching-learning Aids
8.5 Role of various display boards in instruction
Unit No.-IX Computer Aided Teaching
9.1 Importance of computer aided learning and teaching 165
9.2 Create PowerPoint presentations 167
9.3 Application and care of digital camera & LCD Projector 171
9.4 Different features and Application of smart/interactive board 173
9.5 Application of Internet in teaching and learning. 176
Unit-X Teaching Practice
10.1 Presentation skills and Dales cone of experience 178
10.2 Components of Micro - Teaching 189
10.3 Micro - Teaching Practice and its evaluation 191
Eligibility for enrollment
1. In-service Instructors having at least three years of experience of teaching in NSTIs (Regular or contractual) / Government ITI or Private ITI.
2. The instructor should be sponsored / nominated by the Institute(ITI) / state Directorate,
3. The Instructor has to be registered in NSTI through CFI online portal at least one month before the scheduled date of Examination
4. The instructor has to submit the GPF / EPF statement to the competent authority during registration in support of their experience.
- NCVT Certificate will be given to those who enroll and write the exam.
View RPL Guidelines
If Registered and in the middle of the process LOGIN HERE
- કોર્સ રચયીતા: Herman J